Board of Directors
In response to the collapse of heavy industry in western Pennsylvania and the especially grave economic conditions in the Mon Valley in the early 1980s, the Ministerial Association of East McKeesport and North Versailles began discussions in 1982 about what the churches in the community might do to address the needs of many of their neighbors.
A food pantry was opened and the first food distribution took place on April 9, 1983.
MA’s pantry continues to be supported by an ecumenical group of religious congregations as well as other community groups including private donations of food and money, foundations, the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, area businesses such as Aldi and Giant Eagle, and from special collections conducted by community organizations including the United States Postal Service.
MA’s Pantry is a member of the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, is recognized by the United States Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)3, not-for-profit, charitable organization, and is affiliated with the United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania (ID # 1978). The Pantry serves residents of East McKeesport and North Versailles. Its storage and distribution facilities are housed at 1000 Broadway Street in East McKeesport.
Food is distributed two Saturday mornings each month from 1000 Broadway Street in East McKeesport. The dates of these distributions are available elsewhere on this website.
R. Elaine Amos
Louise Beswick, Secretary
Rev. Eric Dennis
Paula M. Greenwald
Rev. Kimberly Greway
Deborah A. Griffith, Treasurer
Rev. Barbra A. Gunn
Rev. Terrence P. O’Connor
Dr. Edward W. Sites, President